Free Vs. Paid Antivirus: Learn why paid antivirus is better and which features differentiate them apart. Having antivirus software is important for any device, whether it’s a Windows or Android system. But you’ll need to know the difference between Free Vs. Paid Antivirus software before you decide to download it. The differences are mostly in additional features and how effective the cleanup process is after infection.
Top Features Of Paid Antivirus Software
When you decide to pay for your antivirus software, you are not getting more protection against malware and viruses. What you’re paying for are only extra security features.
- Effective Parental Controls. Most antivirus program companies include a master parental control in the paid versions. For example, McAfee’s parental control module has the following features:
- It can restrict what kids can do on a device.
- Proper access lock to certain devices.
- Manage access to specific applications
- It can control what your kids can do on the internet
- Identity theft protection. Paid antivirus programs usually offer identity and personal data protection. This is actually crawling the web in areas where stolen identity information appears when it’s stolen. This is the main role that defines Free Vs. Paid Antivirus. Once the application identifies fishy or suspicious activity with your information, you are alerted so you can take prior decisions to safeguard yourself.
- Professional Technical support. If you have a free antivirus application and the software not working as expected, or if it causes problems with your system, you’re on your own. This clarifies Free Vs. Paid Antivirus factor. Because paid antivirus programs always come with 24×7 phone support whenever you face any issues with the application.
- Better cleanup utility. When any malware or threat detected n your system then, the antivirus program will attempt to remove all infected files thoroughly. It isn’t always successful at cleaning up all components, but paid antivirus programs are quite more successful than free antivirus applications.
Read More >> About Paid Mcafee Antivirus Feature
The overall feature of free Antivirus
All of those reasons may not be enough to get you a clear image when you thought about Free Vs. Paid Antivirus and pay for your antivirus software.
If all you need is a security program against viruses/threats and have no need for any of those additional paid features, there’s nothing wrong with using free antivirus software.
You will still get most of the features with a free antivirus program.
- Same Malware Protection. Sharing on the same virus signature database that both free and paid antivirus programs.
- Both Web & Email Protection. In addition to advanced scanners, the free antivirus program will scan your web activity and block threats before downloading its system.
- Free Email support. Free antivirus programs do not provide phone technical support, but they do sometimes offer email technical support—also, community forums for all users of the software.
- Straight forward interface. In free antivirus programs, there is no so much in layouts. There isn’t much to the interface. You will only find malware/threats scanning and web protection.
Then Which Is Better?
You May still unsure which version you should choose, consider your personal data during computer use. If you take part in high-risk behavior, then you should opt for a paid antivirus program. Else if you only protected about what sites you visit and easily recognized dangerous phishing websites, a free antivirus program is good enough.
Everyone should use Cloud Data Security, who saves their data on the cloud to ensure...