Learn how you can Reduce Memory Used by McAfee because We use antivirus software on our devices so that we could protect our nearest and dearest from becoming the victim of cyber crimes. But having an antivirus can occasionally be problematic for you, because it may hamper your other activities. McAfee, like any other program or applications, requires some storage room to run on your apparatus.
At times, you might feel annoyed since the mcafee.com/activate has started to use your whole RAM. Should this happen, then there is not any space left for one to download other programs on your device and you have no concept of how to Reduce Memory Used by Mcafee. You can’t delete McAfee all at once since it is crucial to secure your apparatus from threats and virus. All you can do is, follow the steps provided below in this guide and free up some space absorbed by McAfee. By limiting the amount of memory, you can optimize your computer’s performance while maintaining a decent degree of safety.
Steps to Reduce Memory Used by Mcafee
- First, Make sure that you download all the required upgrades for your McAfee antivirus applications.
- After that,Visit the official McAfee site mcafee.com/activate and see that you download the patched version because it uses less storage.
- Review all the other applications installed in your personal computer and then uninstall the ones you do not use.
- Then, You should think about installing a system cleaner tool so you can quickly delete any unnecessary files saved on your computer.
- Open the ‘Setting’ on your computer and search for the ‘Storage Sense’ alternative’ Click’ Free up space now’ and delete unwanted files. it will help to reduce memory used by mcafee.
- After that, Open the hard drive of your McAfee software. Proceed into the properties’ section, run the Disk Cleanup and select the files you want to delete.
- Access your internet browser and then go to the settings to delete any cookies or temporary documents that are present on the hard drive.
- Search for the recycle Bin’ icon on your desktop and double click it. Click the empty Bin’ choice and delete all the files.
The Alternate Method to Limit Storage Used by Mcafee
Although There Isn’t Any inbuilt feature to reduce memory used by mcafee, However, your operating system will not provide a way to set the priority for every program running in your device:
- The first step runs McAfee.
- Now you need to click the”More Details” option that you’ll discover in the base of the window.
- After that, Harness the”Details” tab alternative followed by
- Click”More Details” in the bottom of the dialogue window, then select the”Details” tab.
- Now you need to select”scan32.exe” in the list and tap the”Set Priority” alternative.
- Pick about the desired priority setting for McAfee.
- Then, Close the Task Manager window, and you’re finished.
This way, it is easy to configure the storage utilization by McAfee. If your device is still running slow after the reduce memory used by mcafee process. Then there may be some issue with your apparatus and not with McAfee.
Read More : Why McAfee Antivirus Is Better : McAfee Features